Monday 20 May 2013

Expulsion for Attempted Piracy

We reached a lull at OUCH.  I had missed a course that was a prerequisite for participation in the nullsec gate camps put on by the faculty in order to give students a taste of small gang pvp.  The course wasn't to be offered again for another month, so I returned to highsec in an attempt to make more isk.  I was generally unsuccesful.

Tesla was able to take part in a gate camp.  He let me know that it was great getting in on some kills, but the attitude demonstrated by the particpants didn't sit well with him.  His description of events reminded me of a class trip with remedial students.  Within a half hour, the students are detriorating into a state of near-insanity, while the teacher's temper gets shorter and shorter.  After his initial camp, Tesla returned to mining to pass the time until we could at least sit on a gate together.

Time passed slowly, and as days went by my eagerness to get into a gate camp with OUCH lessened.  There was a roadblock between me and my goal of completing the curriculum.  Rather than attempt to break through the roadblock, I was starting to think about just choosing a different path.  It is a sandbox after all.  After some discussion with Tesla, we concluded that we had learned enough about pvp and nullsec survival to get on in New Eden.  It was time to leave OUCH.

I didn't even get a chance to push the quit button, however.  While running missions in highsec, I accepted a mission that brought me into lowsec (despite being urged not to by Tesla).  I was blown into bitty pieces by a capsuleer who preys on easy targets like this one:

http://zkillboard.com/detail/27307116

I was promptly expelled from OUCH for breaking one of their cardinal rules, namely don't participate in any combat not led by a faculty member.  Actually, I think they had a rule against lowsec too.  In any case, my time in OUCH was done.  With no chance of having me in a gate camp fleet, Tesla's interest in graduating evaporated.

Realisically, it would have been very simple for Tesla to toggle the leave corporation button and wait the 24 hours to get kicked into an NPC corporation.  That action didn't really suit our playstyle thus far, so Tesla decided a little self-sabotage was in order.  We fitted up two OUCH spec Merlins and flew into lowsec to attempt to gank someone less knowledgable than us.

We finally found a lone capsuleer on gate.  We forgot about gate guns.  Also, we had no idea what a Cynabal was.  In fact, the whole thing was a great big clusterfuck.  However, we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves.  We may suck at this game, but we have a great time being bad:

http://zkillboard.com/related/30005257/201301110100/

No comments:

Post a Comment