Saturday 15 June 2013

Travelling to the Present...With Bullet Points!

I'm finding this diary a little tiresome at this point, mainly because I'm so far behind my current experience, which is what I actually want to share in this blog.  This has been the main reason behind the huge gap I've had in posting.  Sorry to all 5 of my regular readers!

So, to bring us closer to the present, here's what we did in the past few months:

- Left nullsec after realizing that we didn't have the skills to make any active isk.  Also, our corp alliance was pretty indy-oriented, which Tesla and I are not.  We did get into a few small fleet engagments, which were a blast, even if we performed terribly.  This led us to move into...

- Faction Warfare.  This is a blast.  Anyone looking to learn to PVP, seriously consider joining FW for a great way to learn the basics and earn some iskies at the same time.  Just don't join the Caldari faction, as they are largely disorganized.  I will give shout-outs to the Liandri Alliance, the only group I saw that led an open fleet, which went incredibly well: http://zkillboard.com/related/30045346/201304240200/

- Grew bored with Caldari FW.  Wandered aimlessly again for about a week.  I mainly did exploration.  I think Tesla did some mining.  We decided to see what daytripping in wormholes would be like.

- Tesla scanned down a Class-1 wormhole he thought was unoccupied.  We moved our omni-tanked battlecruisers in and made over 100 million isk in about 1.5 hours.   We put all that isk towards purchasing a small tower and tower modules, which we promptly installed in the hole.  We are now wormhole-dwellers.

- A bit of exploration of our hole brought upon the realization that the hole was not, in fact, unoccupied.  Research and discussion of what to look for in a wormhole to figure if there are active pilots took place.  I didn't say we are really good wormhole-dwellers.

- Diplomatic discussions with our hole's other occupant took place.  We reached a peaceful agreement to share the space.

- Our POS was reinforced and destroyed by a band of nomadic wormhole trolls. I couldn't get online at the time of destruction, but Tesla was present during the destruction of our first POS and regaled the trolls with a variation of a Chruchill speech from World War II.  Eventually the trolls responded.  Tesla has stated that all of them were Bros, except for one pilot (I have a log of this event and will share it in the near future).

-We joined the corp of our neighbour and moved into his POS.  He has been sharing his wisdom with us and we have been working together to build our wallets.  PI in wormholes makes a ludicrous amount of isk, by the way.  Also, melted nanoribbons.  Sweet, sweet melted nanoribbons.  Nom nom nom.

With that, I think we're pretty much caught up to the present.  I have a few stories that I'll jump back to soon.  The intention going forward is to blog as events occur (giving me a way to wind down after long sessions).

Right now I'm itching for some PVP again.  I think I'll purchase some frigates and wander into nullsec.

No comments:

Post a Comment