Saturday 15 June 2013

Don't Return to the Site Of a Close Call

Wormhole space appears to be more dangerous than any other area we've been in.  I've come to this conclusion because I'm an idiot and managed to get blown up in my salvager - and podded - by a Tengu pilot.

This took place about 9 hours after http://errantcapsuleers.blogspot.ca/2013/05/someone-is-hererun-away.html.  I logged in and finished up an anomaly that was left unfinished by the hole's previous invaders.  I returned in a destroyer to salvage the wrecks, and after a few cycles of my salvager a Tengu appeared about 30 kilometers away (I don't think he meant to uncloak so far beyond point range, and suspect he mistakenly uncloaked on a wreck).

I managed to escape to my POS and chatted with my neighbour and Tesla for a bit while I brought the buzzard out and launched combat probes to see if I could scan down the cloaky strategic cruiser (more evidence of my stupidity).

I saw no more evidence of the Tengu, and figured I'd return to the anomaly and finish up the salvage left on field.  I had about 20 million isk in my hold as I approached the last wreck.  Suddenly, Tengu! I was webbed and scrammed before I could even align out.  I happened to have a warp scrambler equipped, as my destroyer does double duty as a pvp fit when it can.  In the hopes of scaring the mighty Tengu with an unexpected move, I locked and scrammed the Tengu, hoping that he might fear back-up was on the way.

Yeah, that didn't work at all.  I did jettison all my salvage materials before blowing up, because someone should get it and my complete lack of skill demonstrated I certainly didn't deserve to keep it.

http://zkillboard.com/detail/30623135/

And pod

http://zkillboard.com/detail/30623146/

I'm not sure what happened with the pod.  I practiced podsaving an aweful lot in Faction Warfare and was pretty surprised that I got caught.  Oh well, it wasn't a huge loss.

And with that, I made fun of myself, and signed off for the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment