Wednesday 30 October 2013

Pew and pictures

Well, it's been pretty easy to find fights this past week.  So many that's it's been a bit of a blur.  I've had some really great fights, and a few lame ones - lame as in I get excited because I'm winning the fight, then my target turns out to be a plex-farmer and warps off because ::stabs::

I've been trying to get in the habit of pushing the print screen button more often during fights.  Unfortunately my frigate fights are over in about 20 seconds, and I'm so focused on making my opponent's HP bars disappear through sheer mind-power that I have not yet grabbed any decent screenshots during one of those battles.  Sorry.  Will try harder.

Tesla has his life back under control and we managed to get some tandem flying done a few times.  It ended as expected.  After Tesla logged out, I warped over to Innia as the militia chat was buzzing about Capital ships being dropped in system, and I don't see those very often.  Managed to grab the following pic:

There's two SOMETHINGS there.  Doing stuff.

I then agressed a flashy yellow Cerberus in my Condor.  I then proceeded to die very quickly.

While messing about on the map for one reason or another, I checked out the kills related to RvB's massive frigate free-for-all and snapped this pic, which is pretty cool:

 Kill moar frigates!

The weekdays were pretty busy for me in real life, so I didn't manage to accomplish much in space.  I did, however, notice that the Nightmare in New Eden event was scheduled for today and logged in to participate.  For some reason, I thought it would be a great idea to fit a snipey Cormorant for the event. Unfortunately, my route took me through Kinakka while TEST's staging system nearby is under heavy assault.  Killed by goons ;-; (edit: as pointed out by redditor nonesuchplace, I was killed by Sniggwaffe of Pandemic Legion, not Goons.  My apologies to Sniggwaffe for my ignorance). 

Tesla and I threw a few kill-whoring frigates at Tama.  I never once saw the Nightmare, and the lag was pretty bad for me (in fact, one death my Condor popped before my grid even loaded).  I did however get into a sweet brawl with a Merlin and a Caracal.  Aaannnd a bunch of other things...and the Merlin was fit with smartbombs?

My Merlin under heavy fire

Guys!  I need more speed holes!

o7 you beautiful bastards.
After a many death animations, I fit up some ships and roamed around the rest of the warzone looking for some decent fights.  I ran into an Incursus in Reitsato and had a bit of a scuffle.  I pulled my guns off his hull to take out his drone.  By the time his drone popped I was in half-armour and the fight was basically done.

Slasher going off to die a fiery death
I then jumped in to a Republic Fleet Firetail and managed to take it about 10 jumps before anything engaged.  I've fought them, I guess I can understand why not too many people want to take them on 1 versus 1.  I finally found a fight in a plex in Pynekastoh.  An Atron and a Federation Navy Comet were waiting on the beacon for me.  I kept my fire on the Comet and got him down to roughly half-armour when I exploded.  Good way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment