Tuesday 1 October 2013

I'm back, baby

Hey all...one of you?  I have a sneaking suspicion that you are the blogspot maintenance bot.  Anyways, I think I'm back.  Sorry for the lack of posting, got kind of caught up in wormholes there for a bit.  You know how wormholers are - pretty secretive.  I didn't want to step on anyones toes by posting about our activities.

In any case, I thought I'd start off with an easy post.  It's easy cause I already wrote it!  Enjoy.

My first logi experience: Flying in the Bombers Bar Sunday Special

I decided to login as my son was napping and my daughter was out at a friends house.  Figured I could at least fit up some ships I want to fly in the near future.  I then remembered that the BB was having a Minmatar themed roam at 1900 and started wracking my brain to figure what I could fly that would suit.  After a couple of minutes I threw up my hands and picked out a Scythe fit I had saved.  I've never flown as a space priest, but fuck it.

Fleet formed up with about 80 capsuleers, 13 of whom were Logi.  Sweetness.  I could hide my inexperience among the numerous logi pilots.

The FC took us into Tribute.  After taking a few pics of our magnificent ball of rust and duct tape, we ran into some of the local residents.

Rusty Ball of Death photos:

http://imgur.com/v5jsWCp

http://imgur.com/nKqGPPN

http://imgur.com/ZK2ZrqK

Our first encounter one dude got popped pretty quickly (sorry man).  I find the hardest thing about logi is remembering to make sure your orbiting the anchor, locking up the FC, Anchor, Drone Bunny, some more Logibros, assigning drones to the drone bunny, and paying attention to the fleet history for shield requests.  So there's a lot to think about.

After a little bit of wrangling carried out by our FC, a real engagement started to take shape, enemy cruisers and assault frigates filling my overview.  Secondary FC managed to move through targets quite well as our FC was agressed on the other side of our gate.  I'm not sure about what happened after this, as I got primaried and cleared off the field in what seemed to be 20 seconds, but was more likely only five.  It was probably for the best as my son had woken up and was poking at my keyboard, my wife had come home and was giving me stink-eye (mumbling something about it being a great time to play "that game") and my daughter had returned home and was yelling loudly in my ear about her day.

Obligatory loss-mail: Everyone loves to shoot the logi


No comments:

Post a Comment