Saturday 2 November 2013

I Never Remember the Print Screen Button, FFS

We have started the month of November off right.  Last night Tesla and I spent a good 5 hours roaming our home region in various fits looking for fights.  Good news is we got two kills.  Bad news is we lost 16.  How do you like that performance?

Tesla's goal last night was to explode with all his modules turned on (he's a little rusty, what with all the real life shenanigans).  My goal was to remember to take some screen grabs during a battle.  I'm happy to report that Tesla succeeded in his goal.  I, unfortunately, did not.  I think my solution to this problem will be a great big sticky note pasted to the underside of my main screen.  If that idea works, you will see better pictures accompanying these words.

On to the fights.  Due to Tesla's shaky confidence in his ability to press buttons, he's been flying old low meta-level Merlins until he is happy with his ability to pilot in a fight.  I can't blame his mindset, he doesn't want to waste isk on fights he knows he's going to lose.  I've been straying towards a 10-15 million ISK fit for everything I bring into the warzone.

First little frigates to die
 
So we brought a Merlin and a Tristan out first.  We set up in a small Plex and waited patiently for some action to come to us.  Unfortunately, about 20 seconds after setting up, Tesla had a distraction out of game that had him leave his Merlin orbiting the beacon unattended.  Not long after that, a Coercer landed inside the Plex and made short work of us.  I am confident that had Tesla actually been at his keyboard...we would still have lost the fight.  Still, it was a nice little warm-up for the evening.
 
Next we went out in a Breacher and a Merlin.  Tesla ended up getting caught on a gate by a QCats pilot.  I basically just chased the offending Hookbill around ineffectually while Tesla's Merlin melted.  I did manage to catch him briefly, but fuck, that Hookbill was fast.  Tesla's pod warped off after his Merlin died, and I just hovered over the gate, looking at that Hookbill.  Deciding that it was easier to take the fight on hand than to go looking for a more even one elsewhere, I burned at the Hookbill and started engaging.  Obviously that is exactly what he wanted.  I had trouble even getting him to about 75% shields.  Still an enjoyable fight, and we hadn't sated our thirst for destruction yet.
 
 Best kill/death ratio I've ever had with a destroyer

Next, I hopped into an Algos, after reading about their abilities in a few different blogs.  Great fun to fly, that Algos.  Tesla still flew a Merlin.  We warped into a medium Plex and jumped on a railgun Cormorant.  The Cormorant primaried Tesla's cheap Merlin, allowing my rails and drones to make quick work of our opponent.  I think I caught the Cormorant off-guard, I'm sure he wasn't expecting to see the other destroyer come at him so quickly.  Had we both been in frigates, I'm reasonably sure that this fight would have ended differently.

We regrouped in our staging system, where I repaired all my damaged modules, then headed out again with my Algos and another, differently fit Merlin.  This time, we ended up getting jumped on a plex gate by a Hawk.  Oh man, did that Hawk ever make short work of us.  It was nice to see the abilities of the Hawk - much like my personal favourite the Harpy, it has a strong T2 resists buff, but now with more rockets.  The Algos was a fun ship to fly.  My fit needs some modification, but I definitely plan to bring it into my stable of standard hulls.  Drones look awesome swarming an opponent too.  You'll have to trust me on it, due to the above mentioned issue with my print screen button.

Just like old times
 
Both of us jumped into Merlins for our next tour.  I went active-tank, Tesla went dual-web.  This ended up working in our favour, surprisingly.  We ran into our new acquaintance Kaiser Deus, this time in an Incursus.  Tesla's dual webs allowed us to take down Kaiser, however the three Polarized. Navitas, with a bonus Quafe Commandos pilot, took out our Merlins at pretty much the same time.  Suprise three-way fights are always fun.

We continued our losing of fights from then on.  I lost another Tristan and an Algos, and Tesla lost more Merlins.  Obviously by the time these fights took place it was getting really late, as neither a brick-tanked Vexor, nor an Ishkur are very survivable with our skills.  Still, we had fun and can't wait to go out again.  I think that Tesla has gotten over his fear of ineffectiveness in fights and may even start flying some better fits.

Here's to more fights in Black Rise.  Fuck Plex-farmers!




No comments:

Post a Comment