Sunday 3 November 2013

Saturday Adventures in Black Rise - Now with More Print Screen

Mission accomplished.  I have managed to remember to hit the print screen key in two separate fights.  With this accomplished, I should now put priority back on trying to succeed in the fights I'm in, because wow, did we ever get trounced last night. 

We've also got some better comms set up, making our roams a little better coordinated, as well as more entertaining.  My mic, unfortunately, still sucks.

Tesla and I started out in a Merlin/Kestrel combo.  We actually went through a few systems making a bit of LP before we finally found a fight.  This let us practice setting up on the warp-in at our appropriate ranges, making sure the right modules were on and overheated, etc. 

We finally engaged a Merlin and a Burst in a  Plex in Renarelle, losing our ships.  Then we were treated to a surprise pod express home thanks to BBQ FTW with a smartbomb fitted Maller.  Nice play, that.  Tesla was a bit perturbed to have lost his learning implants, but all in all he got his money's worth out of them.  I didn't even notice the Burst on the overview prior to exploding.  At first all my attention was on the Merlin, then when the cruiser warped in I swapped my rockets onto it.  This was a mistake, but I'm confident that with the speed we went down after the Maller warped in, concentrating fire on the Merlin still wouldn't have given us a kill.

Last Hookbill on the menu for a while
 
After that, I took my last fitted Hookbill out, accompanied by Tesla in a double-web Merlin.  Between the two of us, we had four webs.  Man, it would've been nice to engage against a Firetail or something.  Instead we ended up facing what started as an Atron and a Tristan.  Then morphed into multiple Atrons.  We managed to take down one of the Atrons before losing the Hookbill, followed shortly by the Merlin.  
 
I've read somewhere about the attrition frigate tactic used in Faction Warfare.  I can now speak to it's effectiveness.  Throw enough cheap frigates at any target and you're bound to overwhelm them.  Please note: if you see an Atron sitting at the activation gate to the Plex you are in for an abnormal length of time, he is calling for more Atrons to take you down.  Somehow the Tristan ended up on our killboard, however I can attest to the fact that we did not kill it.  He obviously wandered into a gang more capable than Tesla and I after looting our wrecks.

At this point, we thought we might win the engagement
 
Somewhere around this point in the night, Tesla and I struck up a conversation with a Gallente in local, in french.  I enjoyed the opportunity to shake the rust out of my french without being embarrassed (writing in local affords a bit of time to remember the right words.  IRL, there's a lot of pausing and red-face when I'm speaking french ).  Tesla needs to speak french for his job, so enjoys any opportunity to practice.  I mention this part of the night just to highlight one of the best parts of this game: single-shard server = all sorts of foreign players you can interact with.  How cool is that?

Anyways, my pod got smartbombed again on the way back to re-shipping.  Curse you Sniggwaffe!

We went out again and lost a Slasher and yet another Merlin in Kedama.  Details are foggy on what happened in this engagement, as by this time my late night previous, and the beer consumed up to that point had rendered everything slightly hazy.  I have set out a notepad in front of my keyboard in order to provide more details on these fights going forward.

The militia chat had details of a POS getting bashed in a nearby lowsec system - supposedly with Dreadnoughts - so I proposed to Tesla that we go and see what's happening.  He agreed to accompany me for one last flight.  We found the POS referenced, however we did not make it in time to grab a shot of the alleged Dread.

Relatively innoculous
 
I did manage to snap a shot of a POS module exploding.  Once I brought my overview back onto the screen, I realized I was in a bit of trouble:
Slightly troubling
 
Seeing as how the ships on grid were large hulls, I figured this would be a good opportunity to practice my spiralling.  I managed to avoid fire from the Tornado and one of the Oracles by altering the angle of my approach on the Tornado at regular intervals.  I'm not sure what I thought I would do when I got close to him.  Drunk logic is essentially non-existent.  It took me three tries to explain to Tesla to spiral on approach.  "Rotate in on him.  No, circle him.  Change your flight path thingy.  Yeah, spiral, that's what I meant."
 
Tesla was smart enough to jump his ship out.  I was not, and I died to the Osprey Navy Issue.  At this point, some reptilian part of my mind decided that my fun was over.  I docked up and went to sleep, saving myself from further embarrassment.


No comments:

Post a Comment