Thursday 3 October 2013

Summary of the Summer

I went dark there for the summer.  Tesla and I moved in to a wormhole corp as detailed in a prior post.  After spending a little time in that corp and making some bank, we followed a corp member to another wormhole corp (this one based in a C5).

Great bunch of guys in that corp.  The problem we ran into was a training issue.  The corp pushed for armor doctrines - apparently this is pretty typical in high-class wormholes.  For the most part, we have trained shield skills.  Tesla flew in a sleeper fleet and lost his battleship, then tried to fit up an Omen Navy issue to bring to the party.  Apparently it didn't hold up very well either.

The entirety of the time I spent in the C5, I ran C2 anomalies in an assault frigate.  It's like riding a bicycle through a cornfield.  Definitely worth trying at least once.

What precipitated our departure from wormhole life was a real-life disruption.  I got called out of town for work and couldn't login beyond setting up my skill queue for close to two weeks.  During this span, Tesla logged maybe one time.

About halfway through my work trip, Tesla texted me that he had moved all of his assets out of the hole and dropped roles.  He was frustrated by his inability to contribute to the sleeper fleets and didn't feel productive in any way towards the corp.

I was torn for a little bit.  The guys in this corp had been great with us, doing their best to make us feel welcome.  The CEO was very friendly and kept open lines of communication with everyone.  The decision to leave the corp along with Tesla was simple in the end, however.  I joined up to play the game with the guy, and there's not much that's going to change that.

What we're going to do now is kind of up in the air.  We're back in Space Corporations Go Boink Inc.  I don't know whether this will be a placeholder position while we consider our options, or if we'll try to build the corp in some way. 

As of right now, we're pursuing doing what we love to do in Eve.  For me, that's going out and getting fights.  I've flown a lot with Bombers Bar (it's awesome, you should do it).  Also, I've trained into interceptors just in time for the price to skyrocket because of the Rubicon changes.  It looks like we're going to fool around getting fights for the time being.

I haven't quite figured out how to supplement my income here in k-space.  Man, I'll miss the sleeper loot and the awesome PI.  I guess we'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment