Saturday 19 October 2013

Unsuccessful Week

I managed to get online very little this week.  What little time I did spend online, I looked for some PVP in lowsec as my wingman has a pretty busy in real life right now.

First up, I roamed around lowsec in a Kestrel.  In Kuormonen, I scanned down a Griffin sitting on the sun and figured it would be worth a shot to fly in there and see what it was doing.  Turns out it was sitting still on the sun, so I locked it up and started shooting it.  That is, of course, when it locked me up and started to jam me out, followed shortly by three other ships coming into range.  I managed to escape the fight and gently ribbed the pilots who set up the ambush:

                                           Obviously, I should have known it was a trap
I wandered around in Lowsec looking for fights I might be able to take.  I eventually managed to find a Late Night Alliance destroyer sitting on a FW gate.  I engaged.  We were both rocket fit - guess who one.

What I learned:

- Griffin at the sun is always a trap.
- Trying to kite a kiting destroyer is a bad idea.

Side note:

During this time, Bombers Bar's chat channel was descending into a hilarity which I believe was started by Bill Davinci stating he had intel.  Soon everyone had ridiculous intel, and the head FC changed the MOTD to state that Bill was going to start a fleet but needed more intel.  This prompted many of us to spam him with eve mails containing "intel".  It was one of those things I suspect you had to be there for.  Rest assured, hilarity ensued, though it obviously didn't lead anywhere.

                                          Report all intel to our Head FC, Bill Davinci

If this post results in Bill getting more intel: maximum lolz.

End of side note.

I then took a Harpy out into another lowsec area.  I managed to get an engagement by acting like I was ratting.  Unfortunately said engagement was with a Pilgrim and a Thorax.  I felt pretty happy that I managed to get the Thorax into about 15% armor by the time I popped, which felt like an achievement as the Pilgrim had me neuted the fuck out.  Realistically, I think the Thorax pilot was probably just playing with me.  I didn't have the cap to run my blasters and my point, so he would've flown off if he was really at risk.

Harpy down

What I learned:
- Pretending to be ratting can be a good way to draw engagements in Lowsec.  Now I just need to get my wingman back online to give me some backup.
- Fuck Pilgrims!  Just kidding.  Good fight to the pilots of Catastrophic Uprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment